Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower is one of those bland vegetables that needs a little (or a lot) of help before it's appealing. Despite being bland it's chocked full of nutrients, so the cruciferous vegetable should be on your list of foods to eat and when you toss it in our Tandoori Almond Butter Sauce and roast it in the oven then you have a healthy dish bursting with flavor.
Our Tandoori Almond Butter sauce uses Sohnrey Family Foods Natural Almond Butter, Knaughty Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and a pungent mix of spices--including a variety of spices from our brand new Kiki's Cupboard product lineup. Serve our Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower with Sohnrey Family Foods Calrose Rice.
- Cut lemon into wedges and loosely chop about 1/4 cup of cilantro for garnishing.
- Remove green leaves and core from cauliflower. Rinse, drain, and chop into medium-large florets or chunks.
- Blend dry ingredients--spices, sugar and salt. Measure out 4 teaspoons of the blended seasonings. Save the seasoning blend for an amazing dry rub on chicken.
- Combine the Sohnrey Family Foods Natural Almond Butter, Knaughty Farms California Olive Oil, and the 4 Tsp of the tandoori seasoning blend in a extra large mixing bowl. Whisk together thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower with the sauce in the large mixing bowl and then spread cauliflower out on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Preheat oven broiler for about 4 minutes. Adjust oven rack so it is 4 to 5 inches away from broiler heat. Roast cauliflower in oven under broiler for 6 minutes. Turn cauliflower pieces over and broil for another 6 minutes or until you see caramelization and browning on the roasted cauliflower.
- Serve hot on a platter. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Makes an excellent side dish to serve with grilled chicken and Sohnrey Family Foods Calrose Rice.