Snickerdoodle Almond Butter Cookies (Almondoodles)
Everybody loves cookies, especially these Sohnrey Men. So I decided to try and create a delicious cookie featuring our new almond butter. After a few trial runs I landed on a hybrid peanut butter cookie recipe. Since we eat, sleep, and breathe almonds, substituting almond butter for peanut butter seemed like a logical next step to up my cookie game.
After quite a few dozen traditional almond butter cookies, I took it to the next level and used our new Snickerdoodle Almond Butter. And OH MY GOD, mouthwatering is an understatement. These cookies have all the flavor of a snickerdoodle with the rich nuttiness of a peanut butter cookie, literally a match made in heaven. Double or triple the recipe because one batch is never enough! Our Snickerdoodle Almond Butter is now available in our gift shop and online so you can taste for yourself! Also try our traditional Natural Almond Butter and Maple Almond Butter!
- Since the Snickerdoodle Almond Butter is sweetened, you can subtract a tablespoon of each of the granulated and brown sugars.
- Use a cookie scooper to get uniform sized cookies.
- Airbake cookie sheets work wonders
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
- Mix sugars, almond butter, butter, shortening, and egg in mixer or large bowl.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients with the sugar and butter mixture. Continue mixing until creamy.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Shape dough in to 1 ¼ inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Use a fork dipped in sugar to flatten dough balls and create a crisscross pattern.
- Bake 10 Minutes or until lightly golden. Cool for five minutes on the baking sheet, then place cookies on wire rack to finish cooling.
- Try not to eat the whole batch in one sitting!