Sohnrey's Premium Calrose Rice
Calrose Medium Grain White Sushi Rice
Our rice is medium grain Calrose and it is considered a premium grade sushi rice grown right here in Northern California. We have three sizes of zipper bags: 1.75 lbs (comes in a 2-Pack), 4 lbs, and 8 lbs.
The durable, resealable pouches help keep the product fresh. It can easily be reused and stored away in a pantry or freezer. Buy from a family farm and try our premium rice today!
How to Cook Rice - Simple Stove-top Guide:
For 1 cup of rice you will need 1 3/4 cup of water. One tsp salt and one tbsp butter/oil is optional. One cup of uncooked rice will make approximately four servings of cooked rice.
- In a saucepan with a tight fitting lid, bring water, salt, and butter/oil if desired, to a boil.
- Add the rice and stir briefly.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. You will know that your temperature is correct if a little steam is visible leaking from the lid. A lot of steam means your heat is too high.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- DO NOT LIFT LID!
- The hot water absorbs into the rice and some of it evaporates; the steam that is trapped inside the pot allows the rice to finish cooking properly.
- Keep the lid on, remove from heat and let steam for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve!