Our rice is medium grain Calrose and it is considered a premium grade sushi rice grown right here in Northern California. The package contains 1.75 lbs of rice which is approximately four cups. The four cup size makes it very convenient for use at home since rice is generally cooked one or two cups at a time.
The durable, resealable pouch helps keep the product fresh. It can easily be reused and stored away in a pantry or freezer. Buy from a family farm and try our premium rice today!
How to Cook Rice - Simple Stove-top Guide:
For one cup of rice you will need two cups of water. One teaspoon salt and one teaspoon butter/oil is optional. One cup of uncooked rice will make four servings of cooked rice.
- In a saucepan with a good fitting lid bring water, salt and butter if desired to a boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low. You will know that your temperature is correct if a little steam is visible leaking from the lid. A lot of steam means your heat is too high.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- DO NOT LIFT LID!
- The steam that is trapped inside the pan is what allows the rice to cook properly.
- Remove from heat and let steam for 3-5 minutes with lid on.
- Fluff with fork and serve!