Sohnrey's Premium Calrose Rice
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Our rice is medium grain Calrose and it is considered a premium grade sushi rice grown right here in Northern California. We have two size zipper bags: 1.75 lbs and 4 lbs.
The durable, resealable pouches help keep the product fresh. It can easily be reused and stored away in a pantry or freezer. Buy from a family farm and try our premium rice today!
How to Cook Rice - Simple Stove-top Guide:
For one cup of rice you will need two cups of water. One teaspoon salt and one teaspoon butter/oil is optional. One cup of uncooked rice will make four servings of cooked rice.
- In a saucepan with a good fitting lid bring water, salt and butter if desired to a boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low. You will know that your temperature is correct if a little steam is visible leaking from the lid. A lot of steam means your heat is too high.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- DO NOT LIFT LID!
- The steam that is trapped inside the pan is what allows the rice to cook properly.
- Remove from heat and let steam for 3-5 minutes with lid on.
- Fluff with fork and serve!