Olive Oil, it's Not Just for Salad Dressings
This brownie recipe is from our cousins at Knaughty Farms Olive Oil Company. These are the lusciously moist and rich olive oil brownies that they often sample at their demos and event booths. Everyone is always pleasantly surprised how deliciously rich these olive oil brownies taste.
To show the versatility of this high quality California grown and processed oil, we chose to feature the Knaughty Farms Olive Oil Brownie recipe with our Sohnrey Family Foods Walnuts. The olive oil adds a rich buttery flavor that will please even the pickiest eaters.
Knaughty Farms strives to bring you the best extra virgin olive oil that can be produced and take pride in doing so by making sure that every aspect of their operation is done with excellence from bloom to harvesting at the peek of perfection. Their name and slogan, "The only virgin you need in the kitchen!" shows how much fun they are having with this adventure. Their extra virgin olive oil is great for cooking, baking, and entertaining.
Knaughty Farms Olive Oil Brownies
- Yield 18 servings
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 25-35 minutes
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Knaughty Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup ground chocolate
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Sohnrey Family Foods Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer (if you don’t have either, a spoon and bowl will work fine) blend the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and Knaughty Farms Olive Oil.
- In separate mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; then mix in the ground chocolate.
- Slowly add dry ingredient mix into wet ingredient mix and blend until well combined. Fold the chopped Sohnrey Family Foods Walnuts into the batter.
- Spread into greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.