Crisp, crunchy and colorful -- this Apple Almond Prune Slaw is packed full of healthy, fresh and raw ingredients with a creamy, sweet and tangy low-fat dressing. This salad features Sohnrey Family Foods Almonds, Sunsweet Prunes, and Sohnrey Family Foods Honey.
This is the perfect salad to kick off springtime and the beginning of BBQ season. Serve as a fresh side salad to compliment your grilled steak. Pair with a light and fruity Nouveau Tempranillo from New Clairvaux Vineyards.
Apple Almond Prune Slaw with Honey Yogurt Dressing
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep Time 12 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 3 Tbsp Sohnrey Family Foods Honey
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Shredded Small Head of Cabbage (Optional: Use a bagged coleslaw mix)
- 1 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1 Chopped Gala or Fuji Apple
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sohnrey Family Foods Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Diced Sunsweet Prunes
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until smooth. Make sure honey is dissolved.
- Chop, dice and grate the slaw ingredients. Measure and add all ingredients to large mixing bowl. If using a shredded and bagged coleslaw mix you may not need to add carrot. Using a shredded and bagged broccoli coleslaw mix will work too.
- Add dressing to combine everything in large mixing bowl. Toss thoroughly to evenly coat slaw ingredients.
- Slaw should be served soon after prep, but can be refrigerated for up to an hour before serving. The crisp, crunchy textures, fresh flavors, and bright colors really make this slaw, so refrigerating for extended periods of time can result in limp, mushy salad.