Summertime is the best time for camping and campfires. Who doesn't enjoy sitting around the campfire socializing, and roasting a marshmallow or a hotdog to your personal char preference (blackened please!).
Campfire food is a thing--it has to be easy, it usually involves wrapping something in foil to be cooked over or directly in the fire, and it should be fun! This recipe is a unique, simple and fun way to create a hot, ooey gooey, sweet and almond buttery baked banana treat. We know that's a mouthful--and literally your mouth should be full of it because the roasted almond butter and baked banana flavors are heaven in a foil pouch.
For our Campfire Bananas we used Sohnrey Family Foods Natural Almond Butter with a drizzle of Sohnrey Family Foods Alfalfa Honey. We also made some with Sohnrey Family Foods Snickerdoodle Almond Butter and the cinnamon flavor really complimented the banana. Get creative and have fun with optional ingredients for your campfire bananas! Try marshmallows and chocolate for a smore-like twist!
Campfire Almond Butter Bananas
- Yield 12 cookies
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 12 minutes
- 1 Bunch of Bananas
- 1 16 oz Sohnrey Family Foods Almond Butter
- 1 16 oz Sohnrey Family Foods Honey
- Chocolate Chips
- Split bananas open with your fingers or a knife. Do not peel the banana open too much, as you will be using the peel to help hold all the ingredients.
- Add your favorite Sohnrey Family Foods Almond Butter and any other toppings you like. Get creative and have fun!
- Wrap banana in heavy aluminum foil or use two layers of regular foil to prevent tearing and to prevent all that yummy goodness from spilling out.
- Bake foil wrapped bananas over a campfire, a grill, or in a oven at 375 for 15-25 minutes. Time varies by method and heat, so open one up and check it after 15 minutes. If its soft, the peel is darker, then its probably just right!